Saturday, June 27, 2009

A catalogue of events

Dear God,

I write tonight with a heavy but grateful heart. The memories from this past week have been incredible, and I know I will never forget them. It's all from You, isn't it? The laughs, the joy, the immense care and love felt are so powerful that I know they have changed my life for the better. You brought us all together. The eight of us in one place... knitted together into a family.

Excitement. Coming into this trip, Dad, it was all excitement. New places, new people. The thrill of it all electrified the trip. Everyday was so full. For me, the joy of being around others. The joy of being with kids and laughing. The joy of being with adults and learning how to grow up.

Freedom. Lord, it was a week of Freedom! From You! Freedom of choice, freedom of mind, freedom of heart. To choose to love all. Being productive alone and fruitful with others. I could truly have asked for nothing more.

Care. The immense care, value, and appreciation that went around this Family has yet to be surpassed. From this Family I've had my eyes opened to the way You intended us to function. The looking out for each other, the giving of love, the comfort of a sorrow... All was a shared thing.

Friendship. I can't do anything but fall on my knees in humility and thankfulness for these Friends gained. Hearing the stories! It was so wonderful. So open.. So beautiful! Strength beyond belief. Such an invitation to be myself without hesitation. yet it is coming...

I've been realizing that this bond is so great and long-lasting. Though it is sad to have parted our ways for the week, the joy is that this new adventure has just begun. The joy of living our lives and bringing them together to share is a precious way to live.

Toto. Japanese. The Best of Friends! Spongebob. Sneegugs. Beach. Pool. Boardwalk. Watch the Tram Car, Please! Love. Hugs! Amusement park. Beach house. Wii. On and on the list goes!

So, Lord, thanks go to you an infinite amount for the newfound Family, knit together by You. Thank You for this new beginning, for the Joy of a lifetime. May Your blessing be upon us!

No comments:

Post a Comment