Sunday, November 29, 2009

so be it

I heard someone once say, "Intimacy breeds conflict." This is so true. As you become closer to a person, there's going to be conflict, something that needs worked out. The only way to resolve this is good ole communication. Sorting out mixed-messages, expectations, figuring out where things got out of alignment.

I admit to struggling in the area of giving back. It's difficult for me to find ways to return provision, care, love, etc. Giving is just a weak area. Sure most of my generation and I are ungrateful, unappreciative, and take a lot for granted. We haven't really known what it's like to be "without" so consequently we can't fully appreciate our situation of being "with." Therefore, when those around us deserve having something given back to, after giving so freely, I must say it becomes so ridiculously challenging to SEE that there needs to be more given back. It is totally blinding.

Yes, blindness. There can't really be excuses, but giving is a learned thing. Giving must be practiced. Giving must become a way of life. So I'm sorry for all the ways and all the times I've failed to give back when not being told I should give back.

Dear Lord,
Please teach us all lessons on giving back. On our own we are selfish. On our own we only think about ourselves. That's where You come in. In our weakness, You are strong. In our selfishness, You break those walls down and let love flow out of us. By Your grace--power of Your Holy Spirit within us--may we come to have hearts that freely give and constantly seek ways to give.

In Jesus' name.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment