Tuesday, August 11, 2009

dynamic!

"I," she opened her hands to include Jesus and Papa, "I am a verb. I am that I am. I will be who I will be. I am a verb! I am alive, dynamic, ever active, and moving. I am a being verb."

"My words are alive and dynamic - full of life and possibility..."

From The Shack

I have a friend (you know who you are!) that is very dynamic! Always thinking, changing, moving... It is refreshing to be around. Some people might think, "Can't you just be happy the way things are?!" But that is exactly the point...

The danger of complacency is far-reaching. Being settled, stagnant, and unmoving is as filthy as a rank pond with no moving water. God is the only One who never changes. We are constantly in process, being shaped, melted, and molded. So the moment we quit moving is the moment we are no longer going forward.


Active.


Alive.


Dynamic.


Energetic.

May we never be complacent to stay where we're at. May we always be pressing towards the Higher Goal while remaining sure and stable on the Rock.

And by the way... God IS! Right here, right NOW!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!
    I loved The Shack. And it opened my eyes to things I struggled with for years.

    Something else about this post that jumps out at me:
    I was praying and contemplating God's unchanging character earlier today. And the Spirit would not allow me to leave the thought that God is eternally unchanging, yet always wanting to do new things in our lives. He is also infinitely creative in what those new things are. And that's the dynamic in which we are called to participate with our Creator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so powerful!! Thanks for sharing. I so feel the same regarding The Shack. It was a huge eye-opener and put things on a much more simplistic way that cleared away so much junk. Love it!

    ReplyDelete